Thursday, October 15, 2015

Work Day Chronicles

Well hello there! I hope ya'll are having an amazing and productive week so far. While my week has been very productive it has also been quite hectic. I absolutely love my job and the amazing families I am able to work with, but I would be lying to you and myself if I said it did not become stressful at times. Being a social worker has its perks, I mean I got in this field because I am able to build one-on-one relationships with people, but with those relationships comes some heartache, sadness, and frustration. The frustration comes from wanting to do more for them when I only have 8 hours in a day to do anything. I always want to give my all and for my clients to know I care, but I am learning that I can only do so much and I am starting to accept that. Believe you me, that is not an easy pill to swallow, but it is one that I have to take if I want to avoid burning myself out. 
I think this realization is one that every one needs to have and not only in the context of working. We are only one person and though we want the best for everyone and want to help as much as we can, we must keep in mind that we are just ONE PERSON. I know Big Sean says, "One man can change the world." and I absolutely believe that, but I know that one person also knew how to pace themselves and did a hell-of-a lot of self care! 




So, of course the fashionista in me has found self care in waking up a little bit earlier each day to get stylish for work. I can attest to the notion that looking good makes you feel good. I already told ya'll that Fall is my favorite season and one the main reasons is because of the beautiful colors! I am in love with these deep purple, draw string cargo pants and was so excited I could bust them out! 






Outfit Details:
*Snake Print Chiffon Top- K-mart
*Drawstring Cargo Pants- Old Nay
*Booties- Forever21
*Purse- Michael Kors







I decided to pair it with a snake print, long sleeve chiffon top which added a bit of interest. As I talked about before, prints can easily get tacky, so you must style them carefully. The deep color of the pants complimented the print well and allowed the shirt to be the point of interest. I kept the look simple with black booties and gold accessories. 


So loves, remember to pace yourself, take care of yourself, and never sweat the small stuff. Life is too short to stress about things we can't change- and we need our energy for the things we can!

<3 xoxo,
Holly Jae 



No comments:

Post a Comment